Rigging needle case

Started by Cone, April 25, 2013, 03:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cone

I put my rigging needles in a piece of pvc pipe. It protects them from getting bent and damaged. I decided to dress it up a little. It was probably a waste of time but it was my time to waste.  ;) I still need to finish the top off and seal the cord. 

Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Ron Jones

Nothing wrong with knot work!!
Nicely done Bob. I'd like to see something like that on a rod.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

bluefish69

You should be proud of workmanship like that. That in no way was a waste of time.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

john2244

Alto Mare

Quote from: noyb72 on April 25, 2013, 03:23:57 AM

Nicely done Bob. I'd like to see something like that on a rod.
Ron
x2.
very nice Bob, you are very talented.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

NICE!!!  The problem I'd have is I'd drop them all over the side at the same time ;D
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ron Jones

Quote from: Keta on April 25, 2013, 04:30:13 AM
NICE!!!  The problem I'd have is I'd drop them all over the side at the same time ;D
Lee
The old man used to keep needle files like that. He stuffed a piece of Styrofoam in the bottom to hold them in and put on a lanyard to keep them from hitting the deck, worked great for decades.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Cone

Thanks everyone. Sal send me a rod butt and let me know what you want. Bryan, your sweet too.  ;) ;)
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)

broadway

Crafty weaving and creative pattern... very cool!
Dom

UKChris

Very nice - like an old sailmakers needle case from the days of tall ships.

Now you need to work on a matching cap?

Cone

I have to finish the cap. The old sailmakers needle cases were normally much bigger in diameter and the cap was a plug made with a knot. The weave on the side is actually simple grafting like they put on their cases. It looks different because it's make of gutted paracord for the weft. I'm impressed UKChris. Not many people would even see a similarity in a sail makers case and mine.  Bob

UKChris

Hi Bob,
Perhaps it comes from reading The Ashley Book of Knots for fun! Mind you, I still can't follow many of the instructions...
Keep at it - nice to see skills like that in action.
Chris

Norcal Pescador

That is NICE work! Bob (Cone) and Karl need to go into business with their line tying talents.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Keta on April 25, 2013, 04:30:13 AM

You're not alone.  ::) :-\ ::)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD