1+3 to 1+5 drag

Started by BMITCH, April 27, 2013, 12:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raumati01

My old man switched to Hampshire a few years back, seems to get quite a few sets of twins. My step brother is up on a farm in the middle of no where running about 1500  perendales, he's never been happier.His boss lets him keep his marlin 30 30 on his saddle for shooting any wild pigs he sees. Wild pigs eat stillborn lambs or if they are quick they can catch newborns too. Not quite in the same league as coyotes and cougars though.

Alto Mare

Ok fellas, as much as I've been enjoying reading this post, we need to bring it back to the drag question, yes myself included ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

raumati01

Well a perendale is kind of the jigmaster of sheep produces a decent amount of wool and meat and it can handle being in a swamp for a while.

Will the new 5 to 1 stainless gears be able to take 5 plus 1 washers? I just scored a 500 with an accurate frame and was hoping to do the upgrade [ss gear sleeve etc] over winter.

Ron Jones

The gears Alan is working on will only fit 3+1, but Lee's hex adapter provides an awful lot of drag. I can't wait to get a big fish on mine.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

BMITCH

Yeah Ron, I can't wait to see also. I have a 112h with a brand new narrow Tib frame kit waiting on the gears from Alan and the insert from Keta. Can't believe I'm about $250.00 into a 112h. Almost bullet proof though. Very exciting stuff going on here. When I finally get all the pieces together I'll post some pics.

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Black Pearl

Guys,

I have seen few members are looking for this JigMaster 500/ 112H main gear to be able to have 1+5 drag.

Since my resource is working on the 114H gear, I will ask him to make 30 sets of 5:1 ratio and 1+ 5 drag as Bryan Young has asked me before.

Please note that this is a one shot deal. I should be able to do this between $52.00 and $55.00.

Let me know.

The following is the original 3 + 1 drag

The following is the proposal by B.A 5 + 1 drag

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

raumati01

I had my name down for a 5 to 1 set, this is the one I'd like to have if possible.

BMITCH

Hi alan, I would prefer the 1+5 set. I'll take two of those and one of the standard 1+3 set. Please let me know when and I will send payment.

Bob
luck is the residue of design.