1+3 to 1+5 drag

Started by BMITCH, April 27, 2013, 12:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

I know it is probably here somewhere. If someone could chime in. Is it possible to go from a 1+3 jigmaster/112h and update that to a 1+5 set?? Thinner washers both on the CF's and the flat/keyed washers? And if so what are the thickness of these. Any help would be great.

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Keta

Not much room in the 500 gear.  I don't think we can go much thinner than .035 for the metal washers before the ears distort or rip off and .020 is about as thin as I think CF can be and hold up.   The best hope is a octagon adapter.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Hi Bob,

It depends on which reel you are talking about. The 505/506?  If so, yes. See http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1518.0. You will need to get the drag washers, 2 metal sets, and the thinnest Smoothdrag carbon fiber washers for it to fit.

The drags are amazingly smoother in this configuration.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BMITCH

Thanks guys. Brian I was referring to the 1:4 regular jigmaster. I do appreciate the link though. I will be doing a 506 in the near future.
  Lee, I understand the limitations on the washer thickness. I agree the hex insert would be a vast improvement. Not having one available makes it a little difficult. I was hoping you would have some insight to this upgrade. Thanks for all the help.

Bob

Keta

As soon as I get the irrigation system up I'll be working on octagon inserts for the 500 gear.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

BMITCH

Lee, thanks so much. Wish I could give you a hand with the irrigation system. What are you growing??

Keta

Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Lee, if you make pecorino cheese, send me a wheel.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

Lee,
I may have to fly over with a six-pack and pick your brain and check out your operation. My wife says we're doing sheep (lamb specifically) when the Navy is done with me.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

Mark Twain

BMITCH

I have a friend who is raising goats and llamas. The noise is enough to drive you mad. Good luck!!

Ron Jones

I did goats and Scottish Highlander cows for years. Sheep won't be anything.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

Lambing season is 24-7.

Mark Twain

raumati01

What sort of sheep are they, we had perendales for years.

Keta

We has Suflok, Hampshire and Shropshire and crosses at one time.  All we have left is 2 older redgestered Sulfok ewes and 2 young ewes that I can't convince my wife to sell.  It's almost as much work as when we had 50 ewes. Our ram died this winter.

Mark Twain