First salmon trip

Started by elgoog, April 29, 2013, 05:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elgoog

I went on my first salmon fishing trip on Sunday, 4/28 and landed a couple of decent ones - 12lb and 10lb. Not big but big enough to land me the boat's big fish pool of $120 which paid for the trip and tackle. Awesome trip even in really rough seas; on a few occasions we were racing against some sea lions to land the fish before they got them - absolutely beautiful to watch and experience. Views of the Golden Gate Bridge at sunrise were an added bonus.

alantani

yeah. i saw that all the guys that went out yesterday got beat up pretty bad.  i was going to take dad out on tuesday, but cancelled.  we are now shooting for friday.  nice fish!!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Love those sunrise and sunsets.  I think that is one of the relaxing reasons to get out fishing...that and fresh fish. 

Fresh Salmon...nothing like it.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Brian A

Thanks for sharing.  I gotta try that.

Aloha

BMITCH

Elgoog, is that fishing done on a party boat? If so, how do they fish for them with so many people on board? Very interesting to an east coast guy.

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

wallacewt

elgoog

BMITCH - Yeah, I was on a party boat and we were trolling. There's about 20 people and the crew tells you how many pulls of the line to let out depending on where you are located on the rail. Yesterday, those on the bow rail were going down 20 pulls and it kept increasing gradually by 5-10 pulls up to 50 pulls on the stern. As the day went on, we adjusted depending on where the bites were coming. There's some tangles but not as bad as you'd think.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: jaybri on April 29, 2013, 10:08:41 PM
Thanks for sharing.  I gotta try that.

me too! thanks for sharing...