Penn 114H drag washer conversion

Started by Robalo, February 02, 2010, 12:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robalo

Alan

I've got an older 114H on my bench and it has the 3 thick drag washer configuration. In the section on rebuilding
the reel (short version). You show 6 washers and 2 extra metal washers for the new stack. What part numbers
are the drags and extra metal washers. When rebuilding are you still using the old thick metal washers?
Or does this increase the stack thickness?

Thanks Much
Bill

Bryan Young

Part No. 6-114HSP.  https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/6-114HSP.aspx

Kit Contains:
   5   6-115 HT-100® FIBER WASHERS
   3   86-115L KEYED ROUND METAL WASHERS
   2   7-115 EARED ROUND METAL WASHER

Loose the thick washers and use the thinner washers.  I believe if you use the thick washer, the stack will be too high.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Robalo

Brian

What a cool site. Very well designed and user friendly. Placed my order and got
an immediate confirmation...very cool. I have been using a local distributor,
unfortunately shipping is not timely , nor are stock levels adequate.
This is a great time saver.

Thanks Much
Bill ;D

alantani

bryan, thank you.  hey, swing by the house sometime and let's grab lunch!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Robalo

Got my order yesterday. that's 3 days from New Jersey to Oregon. All items shipped as described
complete with shipping order and reciept. Shipping for $8 via USPS.....WOW. I'm a believer and convert.
Thanks Again Bryan.

Bill ;D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Quote from: Robalo on February 07, 2010, 05:58:39 PM
Got my order yesterday. that's 3 days from New Jersey to Oregon. All items shipped as described
complete with shipping order and reciept. Shipping for $8 via USPS.....WOW. I'm a believer and convert.
Thanks Again Bryan.

Bill ;D

Mahalo Robalo, I'm glad I could help, and I'm glad you got your part in no time flat.  
I hate having reels apart waiting for parts.  Sometimes I forget how to get it back together and it takes me 4 times as long to get it back together again.  Somehow, with trial and error, patience, and greesy hands, it all slides together in the end.

Alan is a great guy, very helpful, and EXTREMELY busy, so if I can help as he has help me so many times before, I'm there.

Quote from: alantani on February 04, 2010, 12:56:58 AM
bryan, thank you.  hey, swing by the house sometime and let's grab lunch!
Hi Alan, will do as soon as I'm healthy again.  Been out, bed ridden.  Not fun.  Just got back to work today and still on antibiotics.  Will call when I'm healther.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D