Anyone have an ABU 20 or 30 tutorial

Started by dan1, May 03, 2013, 09:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan1

I'm afraid to touch this reel without a tutorial due to its rareness. Other reels I have no problem getting under the hood.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

maybe this will help; http://www.realsreels.com/reels/IGFA/

scroll down until ABU Ambassadeur I.G.F.A. Series and this the links cover/back, pages 2/3  etc.

Robert Janssen

I know them quite well. If it is a used reel, just go ahead- the reel is extremely simple in design.

dan1

Thanks Mel.

The reel is a lot easier to work on than I thought. I was just a little cautious being a total different than anything I've seen. What's the history on this reel? What's it worth?

dan1

Quote from: Robert Janssen on May 03, 2013, 10:35:47 PM
I know them quite well. If it is a used reel, just go ahead- the reel is extremely simple in design.

Robert, are you the guy that built the Ambassadeur 3.0? That is amazing work. I love that post. Did you finally put the finishing touches on it?

Robert Janssen

Yes, it was. The reel is doing rather well... I added magnetic cast control, and use it occasionally. Took it out for casting practice and managed about 130 yards with 2 oz / 11 ft. Here, hold on a sec...

oh well; guess not... Was gonna add a pic or two from Motala Ström and Stockholms Ström, but it seems like the new photobucket is incompatible with iphone??? Whatever...

So i guess you got your 30 all sorted out then?

dan1

Robert, please post a pic when you can, it would be interesting to see.