thickness of 114h dogs verses 113h dogs???

Started by gstours, May 07, 2013, 03:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

I have been wanting to know what are the differences.   does anybody know?  also what are the dog springs width in the 114h???? the reason that  is if interest is it would be way cool if the spring (flat ) could be used in the 113H double dog and the 114h double dog upgrade modification.  currently people are trying to modify coil springs, plus they would stay under the brass plate, and they are more adaptable to custom uses....I remember seeing someone showed a flat penn spring in a double dob install, and didn't know it was a factory available part at the time.......any thoughts please reply.....gst 6814

Cone

gstours, I measured a couple of 113h and 114h dogs. The 114h dogs are approximately .125 inches thick. The 113h dogs are approx. .095 in. The 114h spring I measured was approx. .010in thick and .108 in wide.
    Use whatever works for you. I use the 14-99 dog spring for both dogs on my 113h's. I don't have a problem with them coming out. YMMV  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD