Main Menu

Hi

Started by mrbrklyn, May 07, 2013, 10:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meppstas

Hi every one, I'm from way down under in Tasmania and I trout fish the river here. I moved to Tasmania from South Australia 13 years ago and retired here with my lovely wife. I am a metal blade spin fisher and alaways wade and fish rivers in the North of Tassie. The rivers have brown and rainbows in them and they are not big fish like they have in the lakes here. Most trout in the North would average around 400 gms (just under a pound) and occasionally one will catch a brown in the 1.5 kg ( 3 pounds) range. I have trout fished rivers in Sth Australia and Tasmania for close to 48 years now and at 67 years of age I still love as much now as I did when I first started spin fishing. The Trout season has just closed here for three months now for the spawning season but there are a couple of rivers open until the end of June. These are classed as Rainbow trout waters and I did get and have a fish in one yesterday and will put a report on the site very soon.
Cheers
meppstas.
'' Mepps Spin Fishing Guru Tasmania ''

alantani

steve is from tasmania as well.  welcome!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

meppstas

That's good, I found this site from one that I am on here in Tasmania referring to your site on fishing reel repairs.
cheers
meppstas

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

meppstas, welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

meppstas

Quote from: Mel B on May 09, 2013, 03:05:11 PM
meppstas, welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

Thank you, it's nice to be in the neighborhood too... :)
cheers
Adrian

bluefish69

They are lighter in weight Graphite side plates, bars reel seat Graphite Spool or Aluminum bars, reel seat & spool. Ball Bearings on all reels. Easy to repair for some [ not picking on one person ] No springs to go Boing over your shoulder - ALL S S inside, some times even the Bridge Sleeve Most times Brass

Very Noisy, Handle sometimes strips on bridge sleeve - should have been metal on all reels, Company out of business - parts hard to find & expensive.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

BMITCH

Ruben, no advantage, just preferences. I like the due to weight and service is easy. Like bluefish added. Parts are tough to come by now.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

willybendit

Welcome From England