What the ....I dont even..."Newell" gear that works on 113 and 114?...Ebay

Started by Joel.B, May 08, 2013, 05:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel.B

Alto Mare

I have seen a few newell gears in that shape or worse, but you might be right. Tose look like the 113H gears 3.25:1, unless someone took the trouble to install a brass ring to make them quieter, I doubt it.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bluefish69

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

seaeagle2

If it was me, I'd just get a new set from Black Pearl, oh wait, I already did
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Joel.B

Pretty much every one of his listings for Penn gears is wonky-  and I did not bother looking at his other parts

I have been having bad run of luck buying on Ebay lately.  Three purchases in a row where item was not what it was supposed to be or condition was much worse than described.   I guess I was due, was on a good run there for a while...

RowdyW

I contacted the guy that has the gear set on ebay. He said it is a 114 main gear that was sleeved down to fit a 113h only with the outside accessable drags. HE says it came from a modified 113h.  ::) ::) ::)  Rudy     ps check out his other items maybe its a Penn pencil sharpener.

Newell Nut

That little brass sleeve that you are seeing in the ad are in the center of some of the Newell 4 stack drag gears. I have two with a sleeve and two without.

RowdyW

BUT, do you think sleeving down a 114 gear will make it fit a 113h & be a 4:1 ratio?

Keta

Quote from: RowdyW on May 08, 2013, 08:48:33 PM
BUT, do you think sleeving down a 114 gear will make it fit a 113h & be a 4:1 ratio?

The OD of a 114H gear is too big to fit in 113H.

The gears are worn out and should be in a scrap bin.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Joel.B

looks like he corrected his listing.  he had said a friend who knows reels was helping him ID the stuff-

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain