carbon fiber or ht 100s

Started by fastfishin85, May 10, 2013, 04:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastfishin85

Not sure if this has been asked b4 but my buddy just brought me a 113h he wants me to try and bring back from the dead,I'm curious as to what's better/cheaper  the ht100s or the carbon fiber from smoothdrag,he is kinda financiallystrapped so he's trying to get it done very low budget,that's why I'm working on it as well,free labor,if one is substantially better than the other id gladly pay outta my pocket so he has the best reel he can have,thanks for any opinons on this

Cone

Sean, either one will get the job done. Smoothdrag does have a thinner carbon fiber washer you can use under the gear. On a couple of my 113h's the gear rubbed against the side plate with a Penn washer under the gear. A thinner carbontex under the gear would stop this without having to dremel the side plate.
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

fastfishin85

thanks for that info bob,i was just curious,hes a long time friend and I wanna get him fishing again,i think im just gonna go ahead and order the carbon fiber from dawn and call it a day,and maybe slap in the graphite spool I got from the senator im building for my dad,ill be putting a tib frame and aluminum spool on that one anyway,at least that will shead a lil weight and work fine for what he will be using it for,im pretty sure it will fit,thanks again bob