Penn Powergraph2000ii question

Started by isurus, May 11, 2013, 05:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isurus

Hi all,

I have an old Penn Powergraph 2000ii that I am trying to bring back to life and am having trouble reassembling the reel using the Penn schematic.  Specifically, I don't fully understand how to properly install the E.C.C. shaft spring, the dog spring and the silent dog spring (more specifically how to position the springs once they're in the right place). 

I have done some searching for a tutorial, but haven't found one. 

Does anyone have any experience working with this reel?   Or perhaps know if there is another Penn reel of similar construction for which a tutorial exists (that I could use to gain insight into this problem)?

Thanks in advance!
-Jeff

Alto Mare

Don't know much about that reel. Is this the schematic that you have?
https://www.mysticparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/schematics/pg2000ii.pdf
I had a box full of parts, about 5 months ago for the Powergraph. I got rid of them for almost nothing.
Too bad you came on here too late, I woud have been happy letting you have them.
Good luck, Jeff.
Sal

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

isurus

Yep, that's the schematic.  I can't figure out how those parts fit based on that drawing.

Those parts would have come in handy!  I actually am rebuilding the reel because the housing broke near the reel seat.  When I took it apart, I also realized that the anti-reverse dog was broken too!

Thanks.

Jimmer

I've got 2 of these, but they're at my home in Wisconsin and I'm in Pittsburgh, Pa. for work for another month. If you can wait I'll open one up, shoot some pics, then try to figure out how to post them when I get home.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

isurus

That would be awesome.  Thank you!

I will likely continue to try to figure it out over that time, but will shoot you a message in about a month if I still need help.

Again, thanks for the offer!