Fin nor Ahab 20 2 spd. needs more drag

Started by gstours, May 12, 2013, 04:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Hello averybody that can respond.... Ive got a fin nor 20 lever drag that loses free spool when the drag increases to 20# or more,,,,, kinda like other lever drag reels ive got....on the shimanos the added bellvillewasher usually gets the drag increased and helps with freespool too......if the work togather is this a possible solution for the finnnor???? and describe to all us laymen what is happening in the reel and how it helps or why it fails to work as expected....is it the different demands of the owner,  or the original design flaw/carichteristic of the reel. I know there are lmits of which the reel can operate, the reel is very robust and sturdy, certainly capable of quite high drag settings, if you look inside its overbuilt like a tank---yes tank.......replys appreciated...

Bryan Young

I've changed up the Belevilles and also added a spool bearing sleeve. That helped, but cannot remember the numbers that I got
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D