Yellowtail on 25lb.

Started by Keta, May 12, 2013, 03:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I was sorting through some of my photos and decided to share this one.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Nice Lee.  I love yellowtail. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

SoCalAngler

Nice mossback. Looks like a MXL II reel, was in on the yoyo or surface iron? I like 25lb test for local surface iron, but bump it up down in Baja.

Keta

Quote from: SoCalAngler on May 12, 2013, 04:09:09 PM
Nice mossback. Looks like a MXL II reel, was in on the yoyo or surface iron? I like 25lb test for local surface iron, but bump it up down in Baja.

The fish were suspended at 90' over a 280' high spot, yoyo.  I loaned my 40lb rig to one of the other guys, the bank manager with the trash gear and the have expensive gopher wackers (golf clubs),  and used my dorado rig, a MX 6/4.  It was in northern Baja Sur.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

raumati01

Nice fish mate, what did it weigh?

Cone

Nice! Well done, Lee.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Ron Jones

Beautiful fish, reminds me of Oceanside as a kid. At least you'll have something to think about when your ewe's start dropping lambs!

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

BogueSounder

Pretty fish Lee, looks like fun. Wish we had those over here.

Mark

Joel.B

For any of you who have never fished Cortez YT- they are quite a bit feistier than one you may catch in Pacific.

To land a chunk like that on 25# line- in only 90' of water, well that is pretty impressive

I would not even attempt it with any Jig that I did not want to lose.......