video of underwater fluke presentation

Started by mrbrklyn, May 13, 2013, 09:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbrklyn

This shows what the fluke see and respond to

BogueSounder

bluefish69

I'm less then 10 blocks from Brooklyn. How close do you want? i also work on the boats in Sheepshead Bay.

Not Good Enough!!!

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

bluefish69

At present I do the galley on weekends. When there is room I fish - when needed I cook.

The most important thing is putting in your time at the rail. The weitten word only goes so far as far as teaching fishing. You have to get a feel for bottom fishing. Every fish bites differently on any given day. Blackfish can bite in 6 or more ways. It takes a feel for them. The next day they will tear the rod out of your hand.

Back to the beginning of my rant,  You have to spend the time at the rail.

Mike 

BMITCH

Ruben, bluefish is right. There is now substitute for time in. Keep your eyes and ears open. Ask questions and put your time in and you will get the hang of it.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

bluefish69

Ruben

I will be on the Marilyn Jean IV Sat. & Sun. morning. I get there between 5:30 - 5:45 AM. I fish by the side door.  Your old friend Capt. Tony will be running the boat. Last week we fished for Striped Bass, Blues & Ling.

Don't Buy Tackle --- Bring Rods -- You will be fishing with 4 oz Jigs & 5 oz Crocs for Blues & Bass --- For Ling you will need a rod to fish with 6-10 oz sinkers -- 8 oz is the norm.

Bryan Young

Ruben,

Technique is a funny thing. One thing works one day then doesn't work the next. The thing is to try different things through the course of the day then when you find something that works, try to repeat it.
From the video, the fluke was interested enough to follow the lure, but not enticing enough for a hard strike. That's when a change up may be in order. Just saying that what you've learned may be enough, you may just need to change up once and a while.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

Ruben is right that time without instruction does not necessarily produce results. You can keep making the same mistake over and over and never produce.

I have been fishing for almost 30 years. I had the privilege of learning from expert fishermen in their element and am still learning the lessons they taught me. The primary instructor was my grandfather, my youngest brother,  10 years my junior, spent much more time with the old man and as a result is a much better fisherman than me.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

i've gotta get an underwater camera!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bluefish69

I don't know what boat you have fished on but they will never tell you to BRING YOUR OWN BAIT. The boat I work on has seen Squid & Worm bought on board for Sea Bass & Porgies it works at times. I have caught Black fish & Fluke on worm But that is not a boat bait. Boat bait is Clam & it has worked 98% of the time for 60 YRS that I am fishing.