Simple Stuff- so good, so easy

Started by Joel.B, May 16, 2013, 05:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel.B

Citrus soy dip/baste/marinade:  I like to use the best Soy I can get- but any will do.  In a bowl I splash in some soy, squeeze in fresh citrus juice- lime and orange are nice.....right away you already have something nice that any sashimi, seared fish, or even thin sliced beef or pork, poultry, game is great when dipped in or basted with.....  from this simple base you can grate in some fresh ginger, add some minced green onion, some chopped chilis like serrano or jalapeno or use sambal chile paste or sriracha.....drizzle in some sesame oil.......if you are adventurous try a tiny splish of Fish Sauce in there (smells like catfish bait but has its place)  ....add some sake in there, or even dry sherry....with a little brown sugar you are approaching a BBQish sauce.....

If you marinate raw fish in the above, it will cook- so if you want a poke/ceviche type salad.....dice your tuna/yellowtail etc into 1/4" chunks and toss in the mix with cucumber, onion, little extra rice vinegar or Mirin  - let that set in bowl in fridge a few hours until the flesh is desired consistency.....

Bryan Young

Okay, not I'm officially starving and dying for some fresh tuna...luckily, Alan gave me a slab last night...I know what I'm having for dinner...

thankfully, the kids and wife doesn't like ahi, so it's all mine!!!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D