Boeshield T9

Started by BMITCH, May 17, 2013, 11:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

alantani

supposed to be good stuff.  bought a can, ended up never using it and gave it away.  didn't want to switch away from the aerosol corrosion x that i had used for so long.  hey, change is hard when you get to my age.........   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Supposed to be good stuff.  Found it Alan's Garage and he gave it to me.  Haven't tried it yet.  Need to use up my TSI spray can first.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BMITCH

That's pretty much where I am on this stuff. I still have a can of the TSI and it's hard to change old tried and true products. This will sit for awhile. Bought it on a whim.

floating doc

I've used up a can over a period of several years, but never on my reels. I used on my boats and boat trailers...back before we had kids I owned things like that.

It performed as advertised; stopped corrosion and lubricated well. I used it on things like the trailer winch and was happy with the performance. As far as using it in reels, ymmv.
Central Florida

seaeagle2

Up here in the shadow of the Big B, popular lore has it that it was developed to prevent corrosion of missiles, etc. and it worked so well that they had to start selling it because cans were disappearing off the factory floor at at alarming rate to protect outboards, etc, etc.   
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Makule

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 17, 2013, 05:54:29 PM
Supposed to be good stuff.  Found it Alan's Garage and he gave it to me.  Haven't tried it yet.  Need to use up my TSI spray can first.

You can pass it on to me, and I will use it.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

REK

I use T9 for the cleaning/lube/wax coating for my spools before adding spectra. Spray/wipe the spool, leave overnight, wipe off. Would not use it for bearings.

BMITCH

Why for the spectra? Water retention?

REK

Quote from: BMITCH on May 31, 2013, 08:08:33 PM
Why for the spectra? Water retention?
Actually, all my spools are treated now. I use the T9 but a good car wax would work. Never had a problem with spool corrosion until I started using spectra. Between trips, I strip off the mono top and air dry the spectra. Strip off the spectra during off season(no fishing). Clean, treat spools at this time. Water/salt retention is not a good thing with metal. Newell, non-metal spools....spectra never comes off.

Bryan Young

It's more the salt than water.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

whalebreath