Penn 113 sideplate screws-----replacement type

Started by gstours, May 19, 2013, 04:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

A while back someone was asking about replacing the sideplate screws on the Penn 113----- and I checked it out and found that the thread size/pitch is 4-40   size 4 machine screw and 40 threads per inch.....most good hardware stores will carry these either in stainless, or brass  either slotted or phillips with an oval head............in various lengths......they are very reasonably priced considering that they make you happy!!!!!!sometimes its the little things in life that brings happiness to a reel................gstours

Mandelstam

You're sure about 4-40? Not UNC 5-40? Because that was what I was told. Haven't been able to try it myself though yet.

Thanks for the post!

/Karl
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Alto Mare

You're right Karl, it is 5/40....easy mistake.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Mandelstam

Yea, I was just wondering as I'm about to order some screws for my 113. Have to order them from the UK so I'd rather get it right the first time..

:)
/Karl
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Irish Jigger

Order them by part number and not size as they are different lengths. The 113 takes 32-17,39-3 and 39-9.

Mandelstam