Which model is about same size as Penn 506?

Started by Joel.B, May 19, 2013, 03:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel.B

and does it come with 5:1 gears?

545 has 113h size 4:1 gears- no faster options?

Bryan Young

PG doesn't have a reel in that size. They 545 is more like a 2/0 reel in bulkiness.  The other option are pg Pacifica line. The 2000 is like a 505. I just got one as a gift. It's not pretty, but you can use it if you like. I have completely disassembled now for cleaning. Let me know.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

john2244

A Progear 540 Albacore special is a little taller and wider than a 501 and comes with 5.0:1 gears.

John

Bryan Young

John, where does the cs625 fit in the scheme of things?  I ask because I don't have one.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Joel.B

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 19, 2013, 04:31:44 PM
PG doesn't have a reel in that size. They 545 is more like a 2/0 reel in bulkiness.  The other option are pg Pacifica line. The 2000 is like a 505. I just got one as a gift. It's not pretty, but you can use it if you like. I have completely disassembled now for cleaning. Let me know.

I may take you up on that Bryan, is 2000 based on any Penns? similar guts and assembly?

The ALbacore special- are those Jigmaster size gears/guts?

Bryan Young

Jigmaster guts with 5:1 gear ratio. Solid aluminum frame with graphite sideplates.

john2244

Hello Bryan,

Regarding the PG 625, I don't own one either but I did years ago.  As I remember it had 5.0 gears and was a little larger than a 545.  In order of size I would say the 545 would be the smallest, then the 625, and then the 540.

John

pro_fishent

I have run ito a buddy that had a pro gear with a graphite spool and no model number on the side? whats this all about?

Bryan Young

Ron Jones

Bryan,
I'm getting a couple of Alan C's bridges. Want to make sure the Pacifica uses a Jigmaster bridge so I can put one in your reel?
Thanks!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

Quote from: noyb72 on April 24, 2014, 07:59:23 PM
Bryan,
I'm getting a couple of Alan C's bridges. Want to make sure the Pacifica uses a Jigmaster bridge so I can put one in your reel?
Thanks!
Ron
Good question.   I don't know.

Frank

Pacifica 2000/2500 reels have 500/501 Jigmaster size bridges.

Pacifica 3000/3500 reels have 113H size bridges.

Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Bryan Young

Frank

Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Ron Jones

Cool,
Then this reel will have stainless bridge, dogs, gear sleeve, yoke, eccentric, 4:1 steel gears and Bryan's 5+1 stack. Might be the strongest one out there. It will be a bulletproof 40 pound yellow tail reel.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"