Shimano Calcutta Conquest 401 rod recommendations and does a carbontex drag kit?

Started by shellbank99, May 20, 2013, 05:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shellbank99

Folks,
I have had this reel for several years now and I don't like the rod I have on it(shimano clarus 7ft) I also pulled her apart and did a service on it and the drag washers are gummy and I love me some carbon drags. The ones on it look like some kind of hard rubber material and seem to stick to the metal washers and that is no good. I sometimes use the reel for offshore mahi opportunities and inshore for redfish or river fish for Muskie and Walleye. Any info would be helpful.
Respectfully,
Troy

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

contact Dawn at info@smoothdrag.com i'm almost sure she has a set for your 401 Conquest. the 400TE ones will fit yours. as for the rod no idea since i haven't fished for this species yet but would go for either Calstar grafighter or Seeker Black Steel. good luck and tightlines.

Zinox

I use the same reel for pike fishing here in Europe, and love it :D i also installed the carbontex washers I just sent Dawn a Pm here in the board, and she help me out.

I really like musky innovations Bulldawg rods. I use a 8 foot 2-10oz and a 8 foot 1 1/4 - 7 oz, but that might be to much for the walleyes but they makes several different models :)