aftermarket frames and sideplates 113h

Started by fastfishin85, May 20, 2013, 07:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastfishin85

I was wondering which Tiburon frame I would need to be able to use the jvariance sideplates,i was reading that the new style topless tib frames aren't compatiable with accurate or jvariance side plates,is this true?Also are the jvariance side plates easy to double dog or does it need to be modified.Any info is much appreciated,thanks

RowdyW

You would need the older style frames that don't have the recess in the sides of the frame. That would be Accurate, older Tiburon, & Jvariance frames will fit Accurate & Jvariance side plates. Any of the plates would have to be modified to use double dogs.    Rudy

fastfishin85

thanks that's what I needed to know,appreciate that

day0ne

Just an FYI, but Tib does (or did?) make a topless frame that works with Accurate/Jvariance sideplates. I have one with Accurate Plates
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

fastfishin85

ya,i would just go with the jvariance full kit but i don't think they have a topless kit,and the accurate stuff is really expensive anymore,i kinda wanna keep it standard width as well

Keta

The 113HN is such a nice set up, why keep the reel the standard width?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Cone

Quote from: Keta on May 21, 2013, 01:22:54 PM
The 113HN is such a nice set up, why keep the reel the standard width?
+1 I have the 113h in narrow, wide and standard. The narrow is the way to go if you don't need the extra line capacity. JMO  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Mandelstam

Sorry to hijack the thread but as we're on the topic, is there any reel quality difference between Tiburon and Jvariance if you compare their 113 frame+spool narrow kit? There's a respectable price difference.

/Karl
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

RowdyW

Hi Karl, for one thing Tiburon doesn't make side plates & if you want a color match you have to go with JVariance. The JVariance plates look almost identical to the old Accurate plates & are well made. JVariance doesn't have topless frames & are available in narrow & standard widths. Tiburon frames are available in narrow, standard, & wide widths. JVariance & Accurate side plates will only fit JVariance, Accurate, & older style Tiburon frames. JVariance frames are only made for Penn 113h's and thier variations. AND the quality is equal for both.     Rudy

fastfishin85

man hope I didn't stir something up here,jk,i like the narrow but im building this per my fathers request,joel-b actually helped me out and already double dogged my dads stock 113h plate,and my dadwas just gonna put a topless tib frame and let it be,then I showed him an accurate full conversion on ebay and he really liked it but not the price,so I told him I thought I could get a tib topless frame that was standard width,which he really likes,jvariance plates and probably use his stock aluminum spool,he liked the idea,then I had to go and mention ss dogs,gears,yoke,etc.,so now my mission is to get all the parts together for him and build it just how he wants,ill keep his old plates,and use them to build me a narrow,no aftermarket plates for me I like the stock look,a sleeper reel if you would,but that's were this all came about and I just want to make sure I have everything ill need to get the job done,he deserves it!thanks guys

RowdyW

Remember if you use the Jvariance plates you have to use the old style frame which isn't made anymore. The only colors that will match is silver unless you want to tu-tone.     Rudy

Ron Jones

I get that the narrow is the popular choice, but a whole lot of fish have been caught on the standard 113H. Especially if you are running big mono on upgraded drags, I think the standard is the only way to get the capacity.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

Quote from: noyb72 on May 22, 2013, 06:43:46 AM
I get that the narrow is the popular choice, but a whole lot of fish have been caught on the standard 113H. Especially if you are running big mono on upgraded drags, I think the standard is the only way to get the capacity.

Ron

Use 65lb Spectra or bump up to a 114HN if you need the line capacity.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain