Daiwa 910 Question

Started by tlanzilotta, May 28, 2013, 05:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlanzilotta

I just got the reel off eBay and took it fishing this past weekend and it work very well for $35... I did notice that when I put the reel in free spool and turn the clicker on that it clicks under very little pressure. I have a Penn 115 that requires a good amount of pressure to pull against the clicker, anyone know how to increase the pressure needed to trigger the alarm??? Also, I know the 910 is a stripped down 900h but i was wondering if you could add harness lugs to the 910, there are spacers in the reel where lugs would go so does anyone know if they can be added and if any Penn lugs would fit since those parts are easier to come across than Daiwa. Thanks
Tony

Bryan Young

Hi Tony, and welcome.

Parts are readily available from Daiwa.  I find that Daiwa prices are reasonable compared to other brands.

The clicker, you may need to bend the click spring to apply more pressure.  Same technology as the older penns.

Again, welcome.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

tlanzilotta

Thanks Bryan,
Do you know where to order parts for Daiwas, I looked on eBay and couldn't find anything for them, also any idea about adding the lugs to the 910 like the 900h has?

Bryan Young

http://www.daiwa.com/Service/#USWarranty

I just go to

Daiwa Corporation
   11137 Warland Drive
   Cypress, CA, 90630
   562-375-6800
   800-736-4653

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D