Sticky Drag Lever

Started by Frank, May 29, 2013, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Hi,

I purchased a brand new Accurate BX-600X and right out of the box I had a problem getting the drag lever to move out of the freespool position. I had to push so hard that I was afraid something would break. Once I was able to get it out of the freespool to strike it continued to function properly but nowhere near as smoothly as other Accurate reels I own. I have shifted it in and out of freespool several hundred times and although it seems a little better once and awhile it still hangs up to almost unmovable. I called and emailed Accurate and they told me to send it in to the service department but before going through the hassle and extra expense of postage I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue and could offer a suggestion on a fix.

Thanks,
Frank
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Frank on May 29, 2013, 03:55:59 PM
Hi,

I purchased a brand new Accurate BX-600X and right out of the box I had a problem getting the drag lever to move out of the freespool position. I had to push so hard that I was afraid something would break. Once I was able to get it out of the freespool to strike it continued to function properly but nowhere near as smoothly as other Accurate reels I own. I have shifted it in and out of freespool several hundred times and although it seems a little better once and awhile it still hangs up to almost unmovable. I called and emailed Accurate and they told me to send it in to the service department but before going through the hassle and extra expense of postage I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue and could offer a suggestion on a fix.

Thanks,
Frank
Hi Frank,

Since it's new, I'd either send it in or take it back to the store if there is no line on the reel.  I have had similar situations servicing a few Accurates, and I had to grind both sides of the cam down to allow a smoother transistion.

If it's an older reel, I'd say do it yoruself.  Since it's new, have them work on it.  Personally, I'd try the store first and if the store is not help, contact Accurate and also send them a letter askign for payment of the shipping of the reel....that's just me.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Frank

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for weighing in. Much appreciated. It was a internet purchase so since I have to ship it I might as well send it back to Accurate.

Frank

Fish-aholic

Personally, I would contact the store first and foremost with a phone call. Inform them of the issue your having with a brand new accurate reel they had sent you, and if the company is worth their salt, they should be more than helpful to accommadate a customer who recieved an item that is not fit for purpose. It should also mean they reimburse your postage costs.

Frank

Hi Fish-aholic,

I contacted the store and they had no problem taking the reel back but did not have another in stock to send out. I'm going to ship it back to Accurate and see if Accurate covers the postage. If not I'll ask the store to reimburse. Thanks.