Newbie Question Penn Wrenches

Started by JoeR, May 30, 2013, 03:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeR

I have been looking around online and searching here before I asked such a question. I recently got a Penn 6/0 and a 9/0, now my question, to remove the handle do those reels use the Penn wrench? TIA and sorry for asking such a question.  :)

SoCalAngler

Yes...or you can get a 8 in one wrench like the one Dawn sells at smoothdrag which will work on many different reels.

harryk3616

hi   any pictures available on that wrench, like to check it out

Bryan Young

Penn Handle wrench from Alan Tani

Handle wrench from Dawn at SmoothDrag
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

JoeR

Thank you very much. I took a quick look there, when I have a minute I'll figure out how to order.
Joe

BMITCH

Joe, the one from Alan is really nice. I think it will fit the 9/0? Anyone know?
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Bryan Young

The wrench fits all older style nuts swim their tiniest reel all the way up to their 16/0 reels. Very standardized system Penn has.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

JoeR

Looks like the Alan wrench would be what I need. Where do I find that one ?
Many thanks again.
Joe

Bryan Young

PM Alan requesting a penn wrench along with your name and address.  He will  send it out to you and provide you with a self addressed stamped envelope to send payment back to him.

Alto Mare

Quote from: JoeR on May 30, 2013, 10:48:02 PM
Looks like the Alan wrench would be what I need. Joe
Joe you will love that wrench, it is one of the best tool I have.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

JoeR

JoeR

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 30, 2013, 11:44:20 PM
PM Alan requesting a penn wrench along with your name and address.  He will  send it out to you and provide you with a self addressed stamped envelope to send payment back to him.

I sent a PM, or at least I think I did so I also sent an email so hopefully word got to him. :D

Bryan Young

Joe,

Alan is behind...very behind.  I can take care of you.  Please PM me your address and I'll send out a wrench to you.  Send me a check in the enclosed envelope upon receipt.

Bryan

JoeR

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 09, 2013, 01:41:10 AM
Joe,

Alan is behind...very behind.  I can take care of you.  Please PM me your address and I'll send out a wrench to you.  Send me a check in the enclosed envelope upon receipt.

Bryan

PM sent, I didn't mean to be a pest, sure sorry to Alan and all.
Thank  you very much, I just got a 9/0 and I need to get the handle  off it.

Joe