Base plate for 350 & 501 reels

Started by Fishit 2, May 30, 2013, 01:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishit 2

I have noticed some warping on the baseplates of these reels, I was wondering what Newell upgrades/replacement bases would fit these reels, I remember seeing a chart a while back but I can't seem to locate it.

I like using vintage reels such as the Squidder and Jigmaster, I recently bought an aluminum spool for my 350(I believe this is the same reel as the 309) and it casts surprisingly well but the base seems to be off, my 501 already has the Newell crossbars and spool but I'm still using the stock Penn base and would like to beef it up with the graphite/aluminum base, if anyone knows where I can locate these parts I would appreciate it, thanks

Mike D
President of the Down Beach High Class Hookers fishing Club.

bluefish69

The 235 & 338 Newell Reel seat full size Jig Master. 220 & 322 fits the 501, 505 & 1/0.

ChowderPuff on Ebay has the Tiburon frame. Then you don't need the Newell Bars.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

George4741

Fishit,
The 309 and 350 are not the same width.  The 350 is the wider jigmaster 500 width and a Newell reelfoot will stiffen it up nicely.  I often see them on ebay.  None of the Newell crossbars fit the 350. :(

George
viurem lliures o morirem

BMITCH

I agree with bluefish... The Tib frames are the bomb!
luck is the residue of design.

Fishit 2

I have bought 6 Tib frames from chowderpuff already! They are great but they cost 3 times the price of what I paid for both the 350 and 501, was hoping to just get the base from a Newell instead of having to buy the frame. So a 322 will fit the 501, ill check eBay. I think I meant the Penn 209 is the same size as the Penn 350 by the way.

bluefish69

It's only Money.......Go for it

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

BMITCH

Only 6?? Lol. I might have what you need, I'll check tomorrow and see what I've got.
Bob

Fishit 2

BMITCH