Bearings for Daiwa SS2600

Started by Bucktail, May 31, 2013, 05:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucktail

Hi Dawn,

I'm looking for the two bearings that fit on the drive gear of the SS2600.  The Daiwa part number is E15-4001.  Do you have these available?

Thanks,
Bob

Just a jig-a-lo

alantani

it's going to be a standard size and in whole millimeters.  can you measure them out?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bucktail

I suppose I could.  I will go to Staples tomorrow to see if they have a ruler in millimeters.  What measurements will I need?  OD, ID and height?
Just a jig-a-lo

alantani

yup.  and i'll bet that gorgeous daughter of yours already has such a ruler!

Bucktail

OK, I have good news and bad news. 

The good news is, you were correct Alan, she did have a ruler.  And thank you for the nice compliment.   :)

The bad news is, I opened this reel quite awhile ago (2 years ago ;D), and what I didn't remember was that I threw out the broken, rusted bearings when I did.   :P

Any suggestions?

Just a jig-a-lo

alantani

call daiwa at 562-375-6800.  try to find the schematic first.   :-\

alantani

Bucktail

I called Daiwa and I have to tell you, I was a bit surprised at how quickly they were able to find an answer for me.  I was fully expecting to be transferred around about 6 or 7 times before being told something like, "We don't have that information here, you'll have to measure it yourself."  Maybe I'm just getting used to getting poor customer service, and I assumed the worst.

Anyway, I was connected with Toby and after about 30 seconds he was able to give me the dimensions.  Great experience there.  8)

The dimensions are 8 ID X 14 OD X 3.5.  Does Smooth Drag carry this size?
Just a jig-a-lo

Dawn

Hi
Sorry I don't have that one.

Dawn
Dawn

alantani

i should have that one.  send me an e-mail and i can send it out.  it looks like it should be packed with grease. 

Bucktail

Email sent.  Thank you Alan.
Just a jig-a-lo

alantani

i will try to get it out to you tomorrow.