Big Howdy from Texas

Started by Traccer, May 31, 2013, 06:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traccer

Hey all.. been a lurking around for a few weeks.  Got bid by the bug a month or two ago.  Was giving a 309.. stripped and cleaned it.  From there I've been hitting the flea marts and trade days looking for great deals.. Found a Penn Peer 209 dated around the early 70s and a 330gt2... Really love taking these things apart. I like to find them cheap and clean them up.  So if anyone has any beat up penn's laying around you can pm me for my adress <grin>  .. and if anyone wants to plan a heist over at Alan's place we can split the drag washers and bearings......

Mandelstam

Welcome, and I hear you! Got bit maybe a year ago myself. My first was a 209. Got a lot of help from Alan&Friends with that. Now it's off to bigger and badder things... :) Well maybe not bigger always. Don't have much big game fishing in Sweden. I picked up an old Ambassadeur 6000 from August 1968 a week ago. She is a beauty! Needs a bit of work but that's the fun part!

Cheers!

/Karl
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

BMITCH

Hi traccer, where in Texas you located. Hopefully near the gulf. Welcome aboard and post pics. We LOVE pics.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Traccer

Silsbee, about an hr from the coast.  Have some family land in Gilcrest, so that's where I do all my fishing..

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

Bill B

Welcome to the Darkside....we love cookies...especially chocolate chip  :-)    Good to have you here...and a welcome from the Sacramento Delta....now that you have the "bug" time to get to know the UPS/USPS drivers to intercept the deliveries before the significant other see's them....I see my driver coming now...I'd better get him before he knocks on the door....the wife thinks because my reels out number her shoes I have too many.....
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Cone

Welcome to Mr. Tani's asylum for the reely insane. Yep, we love pics.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Traccer

It struck again.. another penn peer 209 and a 309 ... its an addiction.. I need more

Traccer

I must say.. I hate you all.. I went from a 309.. 209.. 330gt2... when I started.. to 5 309's... 2 209's.. 109.. 330gt2.. 112h ...114h.. 0/6 .. and a few other reels.. this is just in the past few months... its an addiction... I don't even want to talk about the rods I need to repair that came with all these reels...so many black sides and red sides.. white handles and green handles... black handles.. oh and I cant leave out the old steel rod with a Higgins on it...I'm gonna have to follow through with robbing Alan's bearings and drag washers or take out a 2nd mortgage to rebuild these reels like i'd like too...

alantani

welcome!  yeah, we just spent the 4th of july on the the central california coast.  hit the flea markets and saw a bunch of old reels.  there was a beautiful old 6/0 in near perfect condition for $65, but passed it up.  i still have too many reels to work on.   
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!