Boss Magnum 665H

Started by sigfla, June 06, 2013, 02:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sigfla

Need a little help with this reel. I have not had it mounted for some time and just broke it out of storage. When I turn the preset adjustment know clockwise too far the spool for lack of a better word "unlocks" and the drag lever will not move forward. I hear it click and I feel the spool move slightly then I have to back off the adjustment to get the drag lever to move forward. I still have plenty of drag and the reel operates perfectly normal as long as I don't turn the knob clockwise too much. Is this normal? I wasn't able to find a manual online for that model so I am stumped.

alantani

the first part of that ramp on the cam is very steep.  at higher drag settings, you have to really muscle the lever forward to get up that "ramp."  just figure out what drag setting you need and stay with that.  this might just be the way the reel normally works. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

sigfla

Thanks Alan. It has been so long since I had it mounted. I almost forgot how nice a reel it was. Hate to have to send it off for service if everything is normal.