Aluminum star wheels

Started by BMITCH, June 06, 2013, 11:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

BMITCH

Alan, thanks for the info. I'm gonna wait and see if someone here comes up with a better star drag.
Bob

RowdyW

I think Keta is developing S/S star wheels but is trying to locate the right taps for the threads which I believe are buttress threads.      Rudy

Keta

Quote from: RowdyW on June 06, 2013, 01:39:36 PM
I believe are buttress threads.      Rudy

The 114H is.  I need to get back on this but it's irrigation season and I'm supper busy this year due to the alleged drought.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

BMITCH

Thanks lee, no worries it's justa wish list thing.bob

Bryan Young

Hi Bob,

those stars are being sucked up in Hawaii.  Nice bling.  I will not run aluminum (except for my ProGears) because they can strip out if you are not careful.  For now, I'd stick with the brass ones.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BMITCH

Bryan, you know just from the posts I put up here that I'm always looking for MAX drag, hex washers, adding another cf washer to the stack.....so I'm sure I would strip that aluminum star out in a NY minute. I'll stayawayfrom this blog and sit on my wallet until something better comes along. Thanks all you guys for the input and talking me of the ledge.
Bob