My fishing this season

Started by PeterY, June 07, 2013, 06:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterY

Hello all, I'm an new member here and from Maryland. I fish quite alot from surf, pier, and jetty. I don't fish boats anymore due to awful seasickness. I fish at least once a week.

I have siblings in the west coast (2 in San Jose and 2 in Freemont). I try to visit them every year and when I do, me, my youngest brother and brother in-law always go fishing. Their favorite fishing spot is Half Moon Bay. I was there 3 weeks ago and here are some pics:

This is a little north of HMB. It looks real fishy. I gave it a shot for only 20mins but next time, I'll stay a little longer:

We'll, I'm back home in MD now. I fish usually once a week (sometimes after work too). Here, I caugth this keeper 2 nights ago after work. This is a 20'' (currently the legal size is 18'' in Chesapeake bay).

In the spring season we do the "Catch and release". Here is a 24''. The stripers usually come into the bay in early March into April to spawn. The size averages between 20''-35''.

Here, a friend of mine hooks one up:

I hook this one. It's a 30''.

Another at 32'':

These are my setup and the Bay Bridge that will take us to the Atlantic ocean

In the summertime, we catch alot of these "Croakers". They're really good eating.

We'll, I have more, but as a new member, I thought I share some. Looking forward to seeing your reports.

HOLEINTHEWATER

NICE PIC. YEA THE LAST TIME I WENT FISHING IN THE OCEAN, FOR SALMON IN OREGON.  I SPENT A LOT OF TIME CHUMMING. I ONLY CAUGHT TWO SILVERS AND THEY WEREN'T IN SEASON.

Alto Mare

Nice pix Peter, thanks for sharing. What happened to the blue crab in the Chesapeake last year, did you get them all?
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Awesome Peter.  Give us a shout next time you are in our neck of the woods (San Jose).
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

PeterY

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 07, 2013, 08:30:33 PM
Nice pix Peter, thanks for sharing. What happened to the blue crab in the Chesapeake last year, did you get them all?
Sal
No. Too much work for me to catch them. I'd rather fish LOL!!

Will do Bryan!!

HOLEINTHEWATER, I hear salmon fights like a bull!!

Bill B

Nice fishin' Peter...thx for the pics..looks too cold back there for fishing :D
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Dominick

Peter thanks for your post it is a pleasure to see what the members are catching.  I also suffer from motion sickness.  However once I tried the patches behind the ear I was over it.  I won't go on a boat without wearing one.  Ask your doctor for a prescription of Transdermal Scopolamine.  Put it behind your ear when you go to bed the night before going on the boat.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

meppstas

Great report and top photos Peter, thanks for sharing your fishing trip with us and hope there's many more to come..There are some nice fish in those pics too. I too will be putting more reports on the site once the trout season opens again here in Tasmania, still have a couple of months (AUGUST 3RD) to go yet. I'm a bit like a bear at the moment.. gone into hibernation.!!!!
cheers
meppstas.
'' Mepps Spin Fishing Guru Tasmania ''