Sacramento ponds

Started by Bill B, June 08, 2013, 01:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Since moving to the Sacramento area, I've discovered a pond and stream behind the kid's school, been making it a nightly stop after work when picking up the oldest after football practice, the pond is about 200 yds long, 75 yards wide with an island, No nothing like Hawaii  ;D, been able to catch catfish, large mouth bass, and bluegill...seen muskrats, redeared turtles, LONG snakes (didn't get ANYWHERE near it to identify  :o) heard pheasants running in the grass...but best of all, been able to take all my boys there and spend a couple hours fishing!!!

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Bill B

Update on the pond...caught my personal best large mouth bass today in the pond...14"

Sorry for the bad picture quality...left the camera in the truck...had to use cell phone.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

Nessie Hunter

WTG that looks like Easy Fun....    ;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

spottybastard

Very nice, wish I had a fishable pond near me.  Did you son's Turner's shirt, thought they were just here in SoCal...

Bill B

I've been able to make the pond a regular stop 2-3 nights a week...so far all it's cost me is is a couple bucks to buy some more soft plastics...unfortunately it's right next to a busy street and my camo isn't working ;D

S/B you're correct Turner's is only in SoCal...we moved up to the Delta last November...I think I've fished more here in the last three months than all of last year combined....getting ready to try some bigger water...maybe the American or Sac River....

Ron Jones

I fished stripers out of the Sac a bunch when I was a kid. If it anything like it was back then it will be a lot of fun.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bill B

My dad and I used to fish out of Wimpy's/New Hope Landing in his 1967 14' SeaKing w/ 9.9 hp two stroke....still have the boat and motor...thinking of taking the kids down for a Wimpy Burger and some bank fishing on the Mokelumne River east of Walnut Grove.....i remember some wild parties on that river back during the 70's..... ::)  of course I was too young to partake ;D