Barter n Trade board

Started by reelynauti, February 16, 2010, 02:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reelynauti

Hi Alan its Bret,

not now but in the future will you consider a swap n sell.....

All reels go to you for service then get sold/traded u make the service plus a fee???

Looking for used off shore rods n reels  1-30  2 speed        1 50 2 speed  1 80 and 130

Ebay no thank's lol

alantani

selling whole reels can be an incredible hassle.  i'm going to set up a store on this site, but that will not be for a year or more.  it would literally be a full time job!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

turboal

Hey. Brett. don't be so fast to knock ebay. I got a great deal on
a Cal's converted 2-sp blueprinted Int-30 in great cond.
you just have to look and watch. also picked up 2 Int-20's
at great prices.

conchydong

I concur with Turboal, I have also got some good reels (Cal's BP'D and sleeved) on e-bay. Although I live in Florida I generally look for reels from a CA seller. Although I hate to admit it, IMO you CA guys (as a general rule) are much more meticulous about servicing and hotrodding your reels than us east coast guys.

akfish

I sell quite a bit oneBay and always offer a full refund on any reel I sell. So far, none have come back. But I also see quite a few eBay reels in my reel repair shop: People bring in a reel they got on eBay that was said to be in EX condition but has serious flaws. I don't know if these sellers are dishonest or simply don't know that the handle should not turn backward. Buyer Beware. And ask for a warranty.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

wish I was fishing

I too buy reels on Ebay, one thing I have learnt is to buy reels that don't have line, the line can hold a multitude of sins!
I don't know whether sellers spool the with line to hide the corrosion or not, but spools are probably the most expensive part to replace and can make your "bargain" a costly reel by the time it's replaced
But in any case the first thing I do is pulling the line off and throw it away. There is no knowing how old it is no matter what the seller says so it no advantage having it loaded with line!
That said there are some great buys to be found once you know your way around Ebay and can spot the chancers/fraudsters from genuine sellers.
There always seems to be someone selling parts for the reels which have long since been discontinued and without them a lot of reels would never work turn again
Nothing makes a fish BIGGER than almost being caught! .

richie668

I buy and Occassionaly sell reels on e-bay, To support my fishing habits.I have bought some nice ones & some junk too.There are plenty of reels out there so,Don't be afraid of being outbid, let someone else pay too much for the reel.Some reels listed for parts sell for just as much as the good ones do.A lot of deals are "buy it now". There are some  sellers that are Outstanding & I do business with all of the time. Other sellers list the stuff as vintage or rare for top dollar When I still see these reels selling at local tackle shops.  Yard sales or flea markets (Though they are becoming a thing of the past with the internet) Are some of the ways I come across some great old reels. You guys are right, There are lots of parts & reels I could never find if it was'nt for E-bay. Some of of the best sources are found there.  On the other hand,
  A barter/trade board would be cool. 

Jimmer

You can find some good deals on new reels on ebay as well. I got an Okuma cavalla 50WII for $249, and a cavalla 30II for $169, pretty good prices for brand new  2 speeds.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

reelynauti

ebay has been ok but i have found better deals locally and so far as i can see Its not that you get ripped off  as much as paying too much or not getting as promised

My local shop has 3 penn int 30w for 200 with brand new rods  the reels are late 90's

the average on ebay is 223 and all u get is the reel from late 80 if you r lucky

I doid get lucky last month got a late 90 int 30 w fior 135 but that was  luck!!!

Walter_Lars

I buy a lot of reels on Ebay  as I don't have a set of wheels right now  to go a tackle swap meet or sale
being from So Cal  I do pretty well at garge sales
I have done pretty well  with some what call odd ball reels  Penn 49L and 1/0 senator $4.00 for the pair a newell 500 spool for $3.00 I picked up a accurate frame off Ebay for $20.00  now I am on the hunt for a donor 500 body preferable the old maroon  style  I can wait till I find a right price

as for Ebay and buying  I have had  troubles with PayPal so I only use USPS money orders  if the seller doesn't  send My item  I have the federal government in form of postal inspectors to track Him down and get him to ship My item or a refund
I have only had to go to that extreme once in 7 years
so for Me Ebay has a good track record
I wind up watching a lot more reels that I buy  cause the price goes near or above retail 
I have a good idea of what used reels are selling for  and won't pay more than what it costs Me to buy and overhaul  I have gotten a couple of "junkers" but I can strip them for parts 
all in all Ebay is a great source for reels

I am currantly  rebuilding a lot of 25 fresh water rods I got from Ebay  with broken tip and guides  the shipping was more than the item  but  at  $5.50 a rod and less than $10.00 in parts  selling each for $30.00  I have more money to buy and hot rod reels My salt water reels and rods

turboal

Jimmer, that Okuma Cavalla series was the first joint venture by
them and Tiburon.you mite have a better reel than you think.