Teleajen and Drajna trip

Started by Tile, June 09, 2013, 09:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tile

After the end of the fishing prohibition period it was time to do the fishing season opening trip. The backpack was loaded with all the necessary items, I purchased some maggots for bait, got my bolognese combo and went fishing. In the northern part of my town is a small dam that serves to supply water to the town. Upstream of the reservoir the Teleajen river receives one of its tributaries, the Drajna river. Upstream of the confluence there is a small hydroelectric plant with its reservoir (which is off limits for fishing). The works carried out to stabilize the banks created a series of nice fishing spots. The Teleajen river became murky after the rain that has fallen in the last days which has led to no bites on my rod. I changed tactics and fished on the Drajna and managed to catch 2 small chubs (Leuciscus cephalus).

The dam from the distance and close up

On the Drajna river - a small one with plenty of fish

The Ciucas mountains 

My favorite stretch of river and the rod stationed

And me  :)

In solid fiberglass we trust

Ron Jones

Beautiful spot. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Can you tell me something about the way that reel is mounted to your rod?

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Tile

The reel is mounted to the rod using a quick mount reel seat. These reel seats are wrapped in key locations on the rod blank.

john2244

Great pics, thanks for posting.
John

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

redsetta

QuoteThanks for the nice photos.
x2.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

alantani

great photos!  thanks for posting these!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Cone

Thanks for the pics. It looks like you had a good time. BTW where's your hat?  ;) Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Tile

I left the umbrella hat at home. On that stretch of river I had numerous catches including barbels and chubs.