Hi from Oregon

Started by ThunderToad, June 11, 2013, 12:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThunderToad

Lee- Thank you for the help. I will try a loop to loop top shot. I am aware of the humps you speak of West of GB, I use to fish them frequently, now I have a hard time justifying the gas to go there for a couple of lings. i wish it was different. I do use big pipe jigs, never bait on rock fish. I know that some of the better charter outfits are starting to use the release devices. A certain few from GB are still behind the times. It is my opinion that shrimp flies are more likely to catch yellow eye when used above a large jig, it seems when I did catch them that they bit the shrimp fly. For that reason I no longer use shrimp flies, Also I found that I don't limit out so fast and I get to fish longer ;D Often it is just myself on board and I like to make my time out there last as long as I can.

Ron Jones

Pipe jigs are my all time favorite bottom fishing bait. It amazes me every time I catch something on a big piece of copper pipe filled with lead.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dominick

Quote from: noyb72 on July 04, 2013, 11:45:26 PM
Pipe jigs are my all time favorite bottom fishing bait. It amazes me every time I catch something on a big piece of copper pipe filled with lead.

Ron

Ron:  You threw me with this comment.  Please post a photo of a copper pipe jig.  I am not familiar with this.  Thundertoad I don't mean to take the thread so if you can help, please do.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ron Jones

Dom,

I'll see about finding a picture. Envision a piece of copper water pipe 6-8 inches long or so with holes drilled through it for two pieces of wire and a whole on the end that will be on the "top" of the jig. Big trebles are ran through the wire and a split ring is run through the top to attach the main line. Once all rigged the pipe is filled with molten leg the same way you cast a bullet an d when it is cool you have a pipe jig. You bounce it off the bottom and catch ling cod.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ron Jones

I've seen people put hoochies and beads and all that on pipe jigs. Even seen them work, but mine have always worked without them so I've never seen the need.

Ron
Ronald Jones
"