penn peerless no9

Started by pcde123, June 16, 2013, 02:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcde123

so i decided to do my very first maintanence ever.....and i opened up my reel and started cleaning it out, all of a sudden a piece fell out and i dont have any idea how to put it back in....it looks impossible idk does anyonehave any experience with a perrless 9

harryk3616

hi    the brass gear in your fingers goes in the large hole close to the outside of the plate, and meshes with the large black gear, the chrome piece laying loose is the spool bearing and it screws into the middle of the plate on the outside ,off hand, if the brass gear has a raised portion, the raised part goes up, the gear   rotates on the shaft thats sticking up.  any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.    harryk

harryk3616

pcde  123         after you assemble the reel, the spool bearing that you screwed back into the middle of the plate, also adjusts the free play on the spool, you want very little play when you slide the spool back and forth, from left to right , you will see it slide back and forth and even hear a little click when it hits either side of the reel plates.

pcde123

haha thanks, i thought it was supposed to go inside the circle in the middle , oops