You learn something new everyday!

Started by Ron Jones, June 16, 2013, 03:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

So,
I had this cool idea involving the grouper special. I got a basketcase 66 that I bought to convert one of my 113s and then a 111 fell into my lap. I thought I would be cool and put the 66 gears in the 111 to speed it up a bit. Turns out, Penn did that from the factory! Took a bit of head scrathing before I looked at PennParts to figure out why everything was the same.

It's cool though, I'll still end up with a 66 speed 111 all loaded up when I'm done.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: noyb72 on June 16, 2013, 03:35:26 AM

It's cool though, I'll still end up with a 66 speed 111 all loaded up when I'm done.

Ron

;D :D ;D

And you could have a 111-speed 66, too. ::)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Ron Jones

The silliest reel all this swapping makes is a slow 67! When I'm done building a grouper special I have the parts (113 spool, posts and guts 66 plates and stand) so I slap one together, couldn't on this one, the 66 plate was blown out. No idea what I'm gonna do with the 113 guts.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"