first night trip for mango snapper

Started by broschro, June 24, 2013, 01:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broschro

We left the inlet @ 2:30 strait in two 2ft swell and light wind sweet! All the rain was staying inshore.
We made r way two 65 ft for some seabass but they were all 12" so on to 80ft to get some bait and filed the well with grunts. Stopped in 100 ft and got our asses handed to us by the cudas and lost two nice fish after fighting theme for a bit to Barry. Form 65 ft out too 125 we saw flyers everywhere we looked, I love watching those things never gets old. Got out to some new #s and nothing re cheeked and was off a bit corrected and got on the mark. First drop with flat line and grunt and 40# aj in the boat after a nice fight.sam had a monster on the bottom and after 10 min battle the fish finely won dam! So we put down some cut bait on 12 oz and could not get it to hold but managed to pick off some mangos on short 40# leader and 12 to 20 oz of led. After a bit the current changed and I was ready to re anchor but we were hung, and to much current to get the anchor to trip so we waited for it to slow. It was now 1;30 and we waz getting sleepy, finely got the anchor up and ran home at 32 mph. now for the funny part. I felt a spray of water on my back and a thump in the boat and a holly ***** ! A flyer hit my bud Doug right in the face and landed in the boat I almost pisd myself from laughing so hard. We will be going again in July, thank s to all the forum brothers for the advice. Jamie Broschro

redsetta

Great fish and great story.
Nice work Jamie.
Cheers for sharing, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Always a nice report Jamie, thanks for sharing it with us.
Yes the rings still look great, not a mark on them. One of these days I need to send you some more.
Keep the reports coming buddy.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 24, 2013, 01:41:12 AM
Always a nice report Jamie, thanks for sharing it with us.
Yes the rings still look great, not a mark on them. One of these days I need to send you some more.
Keep the reports coming buddy.
Sal

X 2 good report and good job on the rings.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

conchydong

Very nice Mangroves. I see the Almacos were chewing also and you snuck in a b'liner.
Great job.

Newell Nut

That was a strong current this weekend. Made it tuff down here at Ponce Inlet too. Get ready for the next full moon.

broschro

Thanks guy's I'm fired up and can't wait to get back out there .this was my first night trip offshore, what a different world out there at night.

Bill B

That blue one looks a little short ;D  Better check and make sure it meets the 12 oz size limit ;D  Good report and awesome fish.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!