Well CR@P!

Started by Ron Jones, June 24, 2013, 03:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

I'm at the end of building my new Marlin Special from Joel, and somehow in my bag o' parts that has been the 113H for ages, I lost a fully threaded bridge screw. No one around here wants to give one up so I'll probably add one to my next Scott's order.

I think this very well may be the first Marlin Special done to this level. It has a stainless gear sleeve, it WILL have double dogs when I get the other bridge screw, 4:1 Black Pearl gears and lubed IAW Alan's directions. I have carbon fiber sheet coming in and am considering milling the gears with 6 ears, but I'm really nervous about tearing up those gears. This will be fished in Cabo in August and I'm jumping out of my skin to get down their.

Also, I have the factory arm from ages ago that is about 2 inches long. What is you all's favorite arm for a Kolekar grip?

Thanks

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

john2244

Ron,

Send me a PM with your address and I will send out a screw tomorrow.
John

Ron Jones

THANKS JOHN!

Next question. The bearings are definitely not the greatest and I think I'll replace them as a matter of course. I understand that this can be tricky so I'm looking for some guidance. Of course, the plates are mismatched and so that makes it so much better.

The left plate says Penn Senator 4/0 Special, it is maroon with a full body marlin, it's bearing cup is large and comes to a very shallow point in the middle.

The right side plate says Penn Senator 113H, is maroon and has external drags, it's bearing cup is very tiny and flat.

Any and all help will of course be appreciated as always.

Thanks
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

George4741

Quote from: noyb72 on June 24, 2013, 03:48:54 AM
Also, I have the factory arm from ages ago that is about 2 inches long. What is you all's favorite arm for a Kolekar grip?

Thanks

Ron

This is my favorite grip and arm for the 113H and 349.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=5180.0

George
viurem lliures o morirem

redsetta

QuoteThis is my favorite grip and arm for the 113H and 349.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=5180.0
x2
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Ron Jones

My handle looks similar to that one only it is shorter. Alan, do you have any of these left?

Ron
Ronald Jones
"

alantani

i have some used ones that are pretty beat up, and i have the new 5/0 grips that are pretty much the same size.  send me a pm and i can get some out to you . 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

George4741

Alan,
Don't you have any of the Khanh Tran Special arms/grips left?  They are awesome!
  George
viurem lliures o morirem

Keta

I made a small run of SS handle arms to test and they turned out good, as soon as the cutter repairs his machine I'm having another small run cut to see if there is any interest in them.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

I've got a few 6/0 handles left if you prefer over the 5/0 handles with arms. 

I also have Alan's gear sleeve, under main gear CF washer, aand SS dog if you want to purchase all at once.  Please let me know.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

Thanks Bryan,

But, you gave me the 6/0 grip, SS gear sleeve, drag stack and double dogs at Chili's about a year ago! All I need is a nice arm.

Ron
Ronald Jones
"

Bryan Young

Quote from: noyb72 on June 25, 2013, 05:00:15 AM
Thanks Bryan,

But, you gave me the 6/0 grip, SS gear sleeve, drag stack and double dogs at Chili's about a year ago! All I need is a nice arm.

Ron
Hi Ron,

I could have sworn that you have a pair of guns. ;D

Don't you have a 2/0 handle and a 4/0 handle?  If you need an arm http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=156.0, send Alan a PM.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

Thanks Bryan, PM already sent.

Ron
Ronald Jones
"