Back in Black

Started by Joel.B, June 24, 2013, 04:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel.B

john2244

Bryan Young

Joel, it was nice to meet you...finally. Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

That's a beautiful reel. I guess I know what you were doing over the weekend.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Joel.B

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 24, 2013, 04:26:28 AM
Joel, it was nice to meet you...finally. Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

That's a beautiful reel. I guess I know what you were doing over the weekend.

Had great weekend. Made meatballs, cleaned the house, played with my son and then played with my reels when he went to bed.

Life is good.

Was great meeting you.  I need to get rid of a few more reels- (sold two today) and then start buying some rod-wrapping gear. 

Norcal Pescador

Very nice, Joel. There's nothing as classy as all black with a little silver.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Dominick

Had great weekend. Made meatballs, cleaned the house, played with my son and then played with my reels when he went to bed.
Life is good. Was great meeting you.  I need to get rid of a few more reels- (sold two today) and then start buying some rod-wrapping gear.  [/quote]

Joel:  I didn't know you were in the area or did Bryan travel to your area?  I too made meatballs and played with my granddaughters.  I did not get to my reels.  I have two to do from the Baja trip.  I have my man Sal doing the Tank so I'll get to the others some time this week.  I leave a Penn GTI 310 LD down there with a Mexican friend and use it when I go down.  I haven't serviced it in a couple of trips and I need to change the line so I brought it back up here.  I also brought down a Penn Torque 100.  It really did well on a few good sized Rooster fish.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Joel.B

Dom- Bryan was up here in Auburn on work. I went and grabbed him from his hotel, tried to steal him but he got away.

Bucktail

That looks great!  Was that done with ALumahyde?
Just a jig-a-lo

Joel.B

Quote from: Bucktail on June 24, 2013, 08:52:06 PM

Yeah, its same frame as other. just changed spool/plates

For rattle-can finish, Gunkote would probably be better- I just used this stuff because I had a little left.

Cone

That's a great looking reel. I will have to do something like that with the Gunkote I have. Its not in a rattle can. I use an air brush. Thanks for the inspiration.   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Bucktail

Quote from: Joel.B on June 24, 2013, 09:25:17 PM
Quote from: Bucktail on June 24, 2013, 08:52:06 PM

Yeah, its same frame as other. just changed spool/plates

For rattle-can finish, Gunkote would probably be better- I just used this stuff because I had a little left.

Thanks.  I was all set to order a can of ALumahyde.  Gunkote it is.
Just a jig-a-lo

Bucktail

One follow up question.  On the Brownells site it says you have to bake the Gun Kote.  If I'm looking for something easier I assume the ALumahyde is still the way to go?
Just a jig-a-lo

Bryan Young

Joel,

Did you coat the inside and outside?  I wonder if this would help the side plates from swelling?

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

Bryan,
It would definatly prevent any moisture getting in. I am concerned that if their is moisture present in the plate in may bubble when it gets hot. If it is a baked on finish then I'm sure that was taken care of.

Sure is pretty.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"