were can I get parts for my 112h

Started by jamesnashtonbrady, June 24, 2013, 03:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesnashtonbrady

Ok so I'll just be ordering new drag washers for the 112h. I'm ordering them from Dan tonight. My question is were can I order a main gear washer cals grease and the parts for doing a double dog. If I remember right someone on here was offering a double dog kit. Well thanks for the help guys.

Nessie Hunter

Everything except the Double dog kit is at Smoothdrags.com (Dawn)....
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Keta

Allan should have SS dogs and gear sleeves but if he doesn't have SS 15-309 dogs PM me.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ron Jones

Bryan Young is offering a 5+1 drag set that will be awsome in this reel.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

i have a "kit" with a coarse thread gear sleeve, a carbontex drag that goes under the main gear, and one of keta's stainless steel dogs.  i also have extra dogs so in can throw in two.  bryan has the "1+5" drag kit and alan chui has the stainless steel main and pinion gears.  send me an e-mail if i can help with the gear sleeve kit. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jamesnashtonbrady

Quote from: alantani on June 25, 2013, 12:02:05 AM
i have a "kit" with a coarse thread gear sleeve, a carbontex drag that goes under the main gear, and one of keta's stainless steel dogs.  i also have extra dogs so in can throw in two.  bryan has the "1+5" drag kit and alan chui has the stainless steel main and pinion gears.  send me an e-mail if i can help with the gear sleeve kit. 

what's the cost on the gear sleeve the drag washer and a kit from you to do a double dog Alan? Also how do I get ahold of Bryan for his drag kit and the main and pinion gear from Alan? Thanks

floating doc

I'm all over this. I moved last year, and in going through my stuff, I found a 112H that I didn't even know I owned. It's got a brass spool, and is filled with wire line. I have no idea where it came from.

I forgot about it for a while, but then I started following the discussions about the modifications to these little reels, especially the "mini tank" and the 112HN. The final straw was when I found the 112HN frame and spool sets on ebay. I waffled for weeks, and bought the last red set last night. Now I'm all in. I've got to build the jigging rod still, but I've been a rodbuilder since 1980. Modifying reels to this degree is new to me; all I've done is change drags before now.

Alan, I'm ready for a pair of stainless dogs and a gear sleeve. Are the new gears finished and available? Are they the hex/eared type? I hope to get at least 22 lbs of drag from this reel.
Central Florida

Bryan Young

Quote from: jamesnashtonbrady on June 25, 2013, 02:24:27 AM

what's the cost on the gear sleeve the drag washer and a kit from you to do a double dog Alan? Also how do I get ahold of Bryan for his drag kit and the main and pinion gear from Alan? Thanks

You can get a hold of Bryan by, oh wait, you got him. :)  Drag kit is $27 shipped.  I can drop it off at Alan's and he can send it out with the gear sleeve and dogs or I can ship separately since I'm all out of dogs for that reel.  If you have steel gears, you will be fine with the drag kit.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

jamesnashtonbrady

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 25, 2013, 04:45:31 AM

You can get a hold of Bryan by, oh wait, you got him. :)  Drag kit is $27 shipped.  I can drop it off at Alan's and he can send it out with the gear sleeve and dogs or I can ship separately since I'm all out of dogs for that reel.  If you have steel gears, you will be fine with the drag kit.

Bryan

I have brass gears right now but I want Ss gears. Also how did the test you were doing work out? Also can you send me pics of the set up of how they go in place and what not. Thanks

Bryan Young

Quote from: jamesnashtonbrady on June 25, 2013, 12:29:15 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on June 25, 2013, 04:45:31 AM

Bryan

I have brass gears right now but I want Ss gears. Also how did the test you were doing work out? Also can you send me pics of the set up of how they go in place and what not. Thanks

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7525.0 and http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7568.0

Let me know if you need anything further.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

So

27 for drag
20 for sleeve
6 for dog
160 for frame/spool
60 for gears when they are done.

With braid and the reel we are into $325.00-$350.00 and I am sure I've not added things like grip and arm etc. In all honesty, that isn't that much for an unstoppable 60# braid reel. I like it!

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

ok, before you get carried away, remember that there is a gap between the spool and the inside ring of the side plates.  anything smaller than 20# mono can get caught.  with a birds nest, it's really easy for spectra to get eaten up.  this might not be a good reel for 65# spectra.  you might be better off sticking to straight 30# mono.  so then you really only need at most 10#'s of drag.  i'm not sure i would call even a hotrodded 112h a true 40, 50 or 60# reel.   :-\

Ron Jones

OK Alan, your the boss.

I added $160.00 to my list for a Tin T3NK kit. I saved a little off of that by getting the Newell Tuna Special. My Newell spool is awfully tight in the rings, I can barely get a piece of paper in there. I agree that running braid on a chromed brass spool is a bad idea.

Ron
Ronald Jones
"

alantani

turn this around and look at it from the fish's point of view.  let's decide on line weight, line capacity and drag range.  THEN let's talk about a reel......   :-\

floating doc

Alan making sense.  I've seen that here before.  Love it when that happens.  ;D

I am hoping the clearances are tight enough for braid with the Tiburon 112HN frame and spool. It doesn't use the inner rings; the side plate and outer rings only.
Central Florida