10/15/04 - the most incredible kid's fishing day ever!!!!!!!!!!

Started by alantani, December 10, 2008, 12:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

took a friend kevin and his two boys, 8 year old nikko and 6 year old luke, out fishing of hmb this morning. we started at the ritz with fog and 75 yards visibility. we landed 30 rockfish in 30 minutes with a two circle hook rig and small pieces of squid. all fish were small and all were safely released. the weather was pretty flat and the boys showed no signs of seasickness, so we decided to make the run to pescadero. i stumbled onto a hump 2 miles above the 37.15 line that held fish and we landed another 30 fish in another 30 minutes. i stuck a quality black on a single treble and a squid head and switched the boys over. big fish started coming over the rail. every couple of minutes one of the boys would yell "daaaaaaadddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!! my god, it was funny. this time we kept a dozen because they were HUGE! fishing mishin II, coho marv, anne chovy and queen of hearts were all fishing directly off pescadero point and were reporting big fish as well. when the bite slowed down for us, we motored down and caught another 8 or so. we finished off the day with 20 huge blacks, no vermillions, no cabs and no lings, legal or otherwise. we hooked into easily a hundred fish, keeping only 20 and safely releasing all others. the kids were stoked. actually, i've never seen two little boys with so much energy. glad i have daughters.

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!