Removing the d**n hook

Started by mrbrklyn, June 26, 2013, 02:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cone

My mistake. I was talking about getting a hook out of a person.  >:(  I agree with a good dehooker.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Alto Mare

Bob, I changed my mind, i'm not sharing a boat with you ::) ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 05, 2013, 09:20:54 PM
Bob, I changed my mind, i'm not sharing a boat with you ::) ;D

You are right Sal, he invited me too.  Dominick   ;D ;D
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ron Jones

I think the worst is an ear piercing, the silly anchovie didn't seem to care for it either. :o

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

TomT

If you guys get a hook thru the flesh, you will wish you had Bob. ;)   A few years ago while camping & fishing off the Baja beaches all the gringos had alum boats.  One day the fisherman next to me (while fishing alone) had hooked himself with a 6/0 hook in the thigh of the leg and had no tools on board.  I got some wire cutters and cut the hook and the shank came out easily.  A little medicine and he was as good as new. 
Tom T

Cone

Hey things happen. I would be honored to remove a hook from Sal or Dominick. It's either that or we have to stop fishing.  ;)  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Dominick

Quote from: Cone on July 06, 2013, 03:35:34 AM
Hey things happen. I would be honored to remove a hook from Sal or Dominick. It's either that or we have to stop fishing.  ;)  Bob
Since you put it that way, I'd leave a hook in Sal to keep on fishing.  :-*  ;D Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Pescachaser on July 06, 2013, 03:45:42 AM
Since you put it that way, I'd leave a hook in Sal to keep on fishing.  :-*  ;D Dominick

;D ;D
Takes more than a hook to stop me from fishing.
Cut my hands a few times in the past, some duct tape to stop the bleeding and right back to work ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 06, 2013, 09:51:08 AM

;D ;D
Cut my hands a few times in the past, some duct tape to stop the bleeding and right back to work ;)
My kind of guy.  You have to love a manly man.  :-* :-* :-* :-*  ;D Dominick

broadway

Hey Sal, I bet that duct tape wasn't fun to pull of when you got back to the dock :o ;)
Use a hook out and long nose pliers... I have never needed more for fluke, blues, stripers, or anything else we catch in Brooklyn with the exception of threshers and the other sharks out here (dusky, brown, etc.)
PS- Stella is way cheaper than Bernies... take a look at Bernie's reel prices compared to online, $50 more for a 113H (around $200 :o)
All the best,
Dom

BMITCH

Hey Sal, you ever try crazy glue? Works great if it's handy.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

Quote from: broadway on July 06, 2013, 05:56:22 PM
Hey Sal, I bet that duct tape wasn't fun to pull of when you got back to the dock :o ;)
Use a hook out and long nose pliers... I have never needed more for fluke, blues, stripers, or anything else we catch in Brooklyn with the exception of threshers and the other sharks out here (dusky, brown, etc.)
PS- Stella is way cheaper than Bernies... take a look at Bernie's reel prices compared to online, $50 more for a 113H (around $200 :o)
All the best,
Dom
Dom, I'm used to pain. ;) Just two days ago a 2 1/2 inch finish nail came out of the trim the wrong way and into my finger, it still feels numb today.
As you know, I've been in construction for over 37 years, I've pulled  many splinters out of my hands using a utility knife. ;D
That reminds me, I think I up for a tetanus shot, it has been a while. :-\

broadway

Man, that all sounds pretty darn painful... I never understood how you guys could hit your thumb with a hammer, poke a hole to release the pressure under the nail, and continue to hammer away for the rest of the day.
I think you and Dominick should come out on the boat for a "testing drag pressure" day... I'll drive, Dominick could hold the rod, and you can swim away from the boat with a hook in your mouth to simulate the real thing  ;) ;D
PS- get that tetanus shot!
Dom

bluefish69

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 06, 2013, 09:51:08 AM

I carry Electricial Tap on the P. B. I work on. A peice of Paper Towel & 3 Wraps of Tape. There are very few people coming back for a new bandage compared to Band Aids.

;D ;D
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

alantani

superglue.  stings a little at first, but holds up pretty well for small cuts. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!