Tiburon Engineering & Okuma?

Started by Bryan Young, February 23, 2010, 03:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Did Tiburon get bought out by Okuma or joint venture?  I just received the Offshore Angler (bass pro shop) catalog and they are advertizing the Okuma Tiburon Smart Shift reel.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

it has been advertised as a joint venture.  okuma had to be the one that brought more to the game than tiburon, but who knows for sure?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

turboal

Okuma is going to make the reels and Tiburon is going to design
the reels. Okuma makes most of the CNC reel making machines for all the manufactores in the world. They have the most modern
plant in the world.

alantani

my okuma makira post is half done.  it was an interesting reel to crack open.  alan

turboal

Look for the joint reels to come out very soon.New for 2010
I saw the ad in a Fisherman's mag.

Bryan Young

Quote from: alantani on February 23, 2010, 09:59:43 PM
my okuma makira post is half done.  it was an interesting reel to crack open.  alan

Can't wait to see it.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

Roger

Just seen it over on 360 Tuna,. Nice as always......
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain