line guide

Started by Jerseymic, June 28, 2013, 02:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

Rob, I really like it. I may borrow some your idea on this. Not to hijack this thread, but how do you hold the reel to the PVC?
luck is the residue of design.

RowdyW

The second set of hose clamps is for a second reel to transfer line from one reel to another.
[/quote]

BMITCH

Thanks Rudy, didn't see that
luck is the residue of design.

john2244

Mike,

Very nice reel.  Great addition to your collection.

John

Jerseymic

Yes I saw the Squidder, could be tempted!!

Mike

Alto Mare

Mike, your value just went down by 50%, I also got one ;) ;D
Tom (Irish Jigger) was kind enough to send me the Anti Backlash Device, he actually send one to Lee (Keta) also.
Thanks again Tom. Although I appreciate it, you need to stop sending me stuff ;D, shipping cost is crazy.
Lee's doesn't have the spring on his, I figured he could make his own better than I could ;D.
Here are a couple of shots:

Mine is on a Squidder 150. Dominick, do you recognize the reel? ;D Thanks again buddy.

Lee, you wanted to see a picture of the spring, here you go:

When the Device kicks back, the leather stopper rides the side of the spool creating friction.
Very simple but effective design.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

CapeFish

O wow, I only see this now, there were similar contraptions available in South Africa a few years back to fit a jigmaster, they worked well but it limits distance dramatically. I can imagine that you will need one casting one of those brass/steel spooled reels, they are overwind machines of note.

Jerseymic