Thread size for 113HL screws used to attach right side plate to frame

Started by threetuna, June 28, 2013, 08:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threetuna

I stripped the bottom fastener threads on my Accurate narrow 113 frame.  Accurate has not been able to help me out.  I need to identify the Penn thread size and determine if there is an helicoil insert available to repair the frame.  Does anyone know the thread size and has anyone made this repair?  I would appreciate your tips on doing this.  Right now I haves secured the fit in the stripped hole with thread adhesive.  I don't believe this is a good repair.  Thank you.

RowdyW

Did you try longer screws? If you used the original screws from the Penn stand they are to short. The screw size is 5X40. Use the same length as the other 5 screws, available from Scott's (Penn Parts). The middle bottom screw will have to be a little bit shorter to clear the stud for the rod clamp.    Rudy

RowdyW

If that doesn't work try cutting a thin strip of aluminum from a soda or beer can to take up some space & reduce the diameter of the hole.         Rudy

Alto Mare

And if that still doesn't do it, redrill with a larger bit and use one of the 6/0 screw. This won't work if the screw is by the eccentric.
I don't remember the size for the 6/0 screw, it's here somewhere.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RowdyW