half moon bay rockcod - 6/28/13

Started by alantani, June 29, 2013, 02:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

half moon bay rockcod - 6/28/13

easy day of fishing, beautiful weather, cooperative fish, good company.  launched out of half moon bay this morning, no wind at the harbor at all, headed down to san gregorio, had 2-3 foot swells and only a few knots of wind.  the blue and black rock cod were thick as fleas.  got one legal ling cod, a couple of underlings, one ling that was barely legal and released to catch another day.  release a gopher and china cod, keeping a limit of blues and black and our one ling. the winds and waves picked up a little in the late morning, but we were done by noon. 

the kids passed out right away, i had ben cut bait and that got him queezy, poor damen got pretty sick but never quit.  here's damen with the only ling. 

cleaned the boat at the harbor and the fish at home.  gave most away to my neighbors, kept two for dinner.  everyone is having fish for dinner tonight! 

nice to be out on the water again. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

saltydog

Great catch and good eating as well.
William
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Bucktail

Nice day.  What do you catch those on?  Cut bait?  Any on jigs?
Just a jig-a-lo

Dominick

Nice catch.  Weren't there any salmon around?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broschro

johndtuttle

Looks fun Alan, fantastic eats right thar.  ;D

franky

Nice Ling cod!  I love lings.  Get that tartar sauce or that sweet chili sauce and start dipping!  Oh yeah.  :)