Penn Senator 4/0 Special 113H

Started by simondema, June 29, 2013, 08:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simondema

Hi all
I am currently refurbishing my 1963 Penn Senator and after having cleaned it all out, I would like to replace the drag washers. I looked on the Scott's MysticParts website, but I am a bit confused as to which drag/ washers set I need to order.
If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it.
Regards

Simon

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Ron Jones

You have many options available. Assuming you will use the reel how most do then your best bet is the standard 5+1 stack of drag washers and metal washers.

That would be the 6-113HSP kit, I would also recommend the 6-875 for under the drag.

I think it is safe to say that everyone on this board would agree that if the reel is apart, you should upgrade to a stainless gear sleeve and dog. Alan Tani has a kit you can order from this sight that includes the sleeve, dog and washer for under the gear which means you would not have to buy it from Scott's. This will make your reel much stronger.

The sky is the limit after that, but you can fish a reel assembled in accordance with Alan's tutorial with the parts I've described and be happy, happy, happy for a long long time.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

simondema

Hi Ron
Thanks for the answer.
I would like to upgrade this reel and ensure it is done correctly as it has sentimental value as my dad bought it back in the 60's.
Therefore, do I just email Alan and ask for the complete kit? Does that also include the Carbontex washers ( assuming that's what I would be using?)
Thanks

Simon

Alto Mare

Hello Simon, nice for you for wanting to keep that reel. Since you've mentioned sentimental value, just replace the drags and be done with it.
If you're going with all of the other upgrades, that reel wouldn't be the same reel.
Here is what you need:

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/6-113HSP.aspx
If you need help for reassembly, just give us a shout.
Good luck!
Sal

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

simondema

Thanks Sal
I will look at both options. I might still order the SS gear sleeve and dog, and just keep it in case the old one will disintegrate one day (although it hasn't yet after all this time).
Ciao

Simon

Dawn

I have the Carbontex drags, and metal drags. 
I will PM you.

Dawn
Dawn