Aloha and Mahalo from Hawai'i

Started by Kau Grown, June 29, 2013, 10:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kau Grown

Quote from: melkapule on June 30, 2013, 07:17:21 AM
Be safe. Two days ago someone brought in a kayak with a rod and reel still on the back. Two days of search and rescue and still no body. Search called off yesterday. Kayak was found just outside Kawaihae harbor.

Mahalo bro, I have been keeping track of this tragedy..... It's very sad to have a fellow kayaker lost at sea, I have been praying for his safe return for the past few days now and I really wish that I could do more. I found out that it was an elderly man in his 60's and he was out on a motorized Ocean Kayak. I know that the winds was a little crazy the day of the accident and it gets very dangerous when its windy on a kayak. Not to sure what happened and if he will ever be found but I can't imagine what his family is going through..... God bless him and his ohana.
Check out my pro athlete page on FB for more action!
"Rob Wong Yuen - Pro Kayak Angler"
Tours:Extreme808Kayak@gmail.com

Kau Grown

Quote from: TARFU on June 29, 2013, 10:22:10 PM
Welcome from the Sacramento Delta...what are you doing now to your reels to keep them alive after the saltwater punishment?

Thank you for the welcome, after a fishing trip I give them a warm rinse down in my shower, dry with a towel, a thorough spray with corrosion block and wipe off any access oil. It helps keep the outside from corroding and it helps repel saltwater on my next trip out. I am normally out fishing 3-4 days a week for about 6-8 hours long. I always try to open up all my reels once a month to inspect them and to clean out any salt and regrease to help keep my reels in top shape. I currently use two Penn 16vs internationals as my trolling or live baiting reels and a Penn international 975cs star drag for my bait reel. I also own a old but fairly new Penn international 12t 2 speed that cals worked on and blueprinted for me, I used my 12t a lot and have landed 3 out of 5 100 pound tunas with that reel. My 16's is about 6 months old and owned my 12t for a few years.

I'm not sure if I'm doing my rinsing, cleaning or regular greasing correct so please let me know if I'm not, so far it seems to have worked ok and no frozen reels, drags or parts yet....

Mahalo
Check out my pro athlete page on FB for more action!
"Rob Wong Yuen - Pro Kayak Angler"
Tours:Extreme808Kayak@gmail.com