114h P60 extra wide

Started by Shark Hunter, June 30, 2013, 04:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Following Sal's lead on this. Very Nice reel. Didn't double dog it yet. but it sure is sweet!
SS sleeve and dog compliments of Alan and Lee!
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

saltydog

Now that looks like a great sharkin reel.
William
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Shark Hunter

That is its intended use. Thanks William!
I am waiting for the Black Pearl ss gears to come available, then I'll go whole hog on this. Double dogs and ss yoke. Its been sitting on the table for two weeks, and I couldn't wait any more.
I want to get one of those fancy handles from fishing reel 079 in Stainless and aluminum, but he says he doesn't have any right now.
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

The Black Pearl gears are on the way!
Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 04, 2013, 08:21:02 PM
Like you always say "life is good."  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

BMITCH

SH, gotta love those Tib. Frames without the inner rings. My wife would divorce me if I wanted to change all mine over to the new style. I've got a boat load of them.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Pescachaser on July 04, 2013, 08:39:23 PM
Like you always say "life is good."  Dominick
Hey Dominick!
What did you have your Tank spooled with when you caught that 150lb Marlin with it?
Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 05, 2013, 01:34:49 AM
Hey Dominick!
What did you have your Tank spooled with when you caught that 150lb Marlin with it?
80 lb braid with 100 top shot.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Black Pearl

It is on its way to you.

Shark Hunter

Yes!
Life is Very Good Indeed! My Friends!
I like that P60-WEX. I think I need another! :P
I am having a hard time finding a custom handle for my 6/0. I can't get the stainless one I want from fishing reel 079.
What do you guys think about just using one of Alan's custom handles. Do you think the stock handle arm is up to the task? I can get just the aluminum handle like the one that is on the Tank, but I really wanted to go stainless on the handle arm.
I saw some trick handles of Sal's from K.O. Customz. I can't find this K.O. Customz Guy.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Daron, stick with the stainless steel arm from Fishingreel79 and a knob from Alan, you won't do better than that . Tony will make the handles for you, just tell him you're interested in just the handle, I believe they're $18 each.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 05, 2013, 11:36:37 AM
Yes!
Life is Very Good Indeed! My Friends!
I like that P60-WEX. I think I need another! :P
I am having a hard time finding a custom handle for my 6/0. I can't get the stainless one I want from fishing reel 079.
What do you guys think about just using one of Alan's custom handles. Do you think the stock handle arm is up to the task? I can get just the aluminum handle like the one that is on the Tank, but I really wanted to go stainless on the handle arm.
I saw some trick handles of Sal's from K.O. Customz. I can't find this K.O. Customz Guy.

Hi,

As you know that my gear dimension is from Accurate 3.25 gear, and I just found this posting from Dan. You might want to check if it will fits the stock Penn 114H right side plate when you receive the gear set. It sure fits the Accurate plate.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=4510.msg42383#msg42383

Let me know.

Thanks,
--Alan

Alto Mare

The Accurate main gear is .5mm wider than Penn's, I just checked a newer plate and an older plate, no issue with the Accurate gear on both.
I didn't think they were that stupid to come out with a gear set that would only work on  Accurate frames.

The Accurate gears will work on Penn reels with no problems.....I don't know about Black Pearl's gears though, I don't have them yet.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.