Revo One Way Clutch Replacement

Started by Ken_D, June 30, 2013, 05:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken_D

Hi, Folks....has anybody changed out the one way clutch bearing in the side plate. Revos are not seen or sold where I live, so I've never seen or worked on one.

The side plate containing the brg is about 50.00 USD, so if the brg can be changed out, it's more economical, and keeps stuff out of the landfill.  Thanks. KD.

PS: I think it would be considered bad form to pose the question to Purefishing...I suspect they would simply say no, just buy another side plate. kd

alantani

you have to properly support it underneath, but it should just press out.......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ken_D

Hi, Alan, technique is well understood.... it's the sourcing that's the question. Thx, KD.

alantani

bocabearings?  i just ordered an assortment of AR bearings from dawn and it does not look like she has one that will fit the ambassaduers. 

alantani

i have also purchased AR bearings direct from purefishing.

Ken_D

Understood, Alan....My challenge: I have no earthly as to the size needed. I've never seen a Revo, except pictures. I do know from the 70+ schematics on Revo, they use several different IAR brgs. The reel in question is a Toro 50, located in Britain via a poster at Marcotte's forum.. Cheers, KD.

Ken_D

Quote from: alantani on July 02, 2013, 11:03:54 PM
i have also purchased AR bearings direct from purefishing.

Regrets, I received word from P/Fsg that the Revo IAR is not sold alone. So a guy will either punt a 40+ dollar side plate, or learn the size, and scope the aftermarket for a replacement. I'll see if the Brit can send the sleeve dimensions. It follows that the OD and height of the sleeve will the ID and close height of the bearing. Then a tour of jobbers for the OD won't be a hassle. Cheers, KD.

alantani

a guy is bringing over a revo.  i will measure out the AR bearing. 

Ken_D

Acknowledged, Alan...Hoping it is a 50 Toro, or a model that uses the same one as that one.

Ken_D

Quote from: alantani on July 08, 2013, 02:47:05 AM
a guy is bringing over a revo.  i will measure out the AR bearing. 

Hi, Alan. Any luck with the measurements of the sleeve for the brg? Thx, Ken.

jonathan.han

Have the guy measure the bearing. I have seen about 2 Toros so far and they are not as common as one might think. Turns out it wasn't a very big seller.
raw instinct

Lunker Larry

You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?