Shimano Sedona 2500FD

Started by cooljack, July 02, 2013, 01:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooljack

Hello!
According to schematics reel Sedona 2500 have two washers RD11146 And now I have a problem. I have disassembled my Sedona and I don't remember where and what washers should be. Because I have 3 washers two of them steel and one copper. Copper and one steel washers are thin. Second steel washer is three times thicker than thin steel washer.
So can you help me what washers I should put in the right place and order?

http://www.shimano.com/media/fishing/SAC/techdocs/en/Spinning/09SE2500FD_v1_m56577569830654509.pdf

Bucktail

I'm not positive, but I think the two thin washers will go on your drive gear and the slightly thicker one is your line roller spacer.
Just a jig-a-lo

cooljack

Quote from: Bucktail on July 02, 2013, 02:10:08 PM
I'm not positive, but I think the two thin washers will go on your drive gear and the slightly thicker one is your line roller spacer.

No. Line roller washer is a bit different. These three washers all from gear.

alantani

i think the washers are used to shim the drive gear (part # RD 12810), so they would go inbetween the drive gear and the left side bearing.  try adding the right combination needed so that you have zero load and zero freeplay on the drive gear. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jeto

Agree with alan. The few reels i have opened, the washers are all on the drive gear.

cooljack

Yes two washers according to schematic used to shim the drive gear (part # RD 12810) but only two of them and I don't know which of them.
Also I have some photos and now I know where should be third washer but I don't know which of them.

Shimano Sedona 2500FB Discontinued
Here we can see copper washer

Shimano Exage 2500
Here copper washer in different place

Shimano Exage 1000
Here we can see thick steel washer

So situation is pretty confusing.  :)